Sunday 15 February 2015

Forty at 40

So, here I am at 40. A lot of other people I have know have been doing it so I figured I'd give it a go. And so far it's not so bad. Actually, the first couple of weeks have been pretty good. There's been lots of this...




And plenty of this...




But a few days of celebrating isn't enough! So, over the last few months I've been planning how I can make this particular birthday last for a whole year.

Like most people, I've built up a pretty extensive list of things to do and this year, being something of a  milestone, seems like a good time to try and get some of them ticked off. So I've come up with a list of 40 things to do over the next year. Some big, some small. Mostly new things, but also some old favourites.

I'm trying to avoid the term 'bucket list' as that really suggests a list of things you really must do before you die and this plan isn't really like that - no trips to the Grand Canyon or seeing the Northern Lights here. This is just a list of mostly fairly small but, to me, quite significant things. Things I've been meaning to try, eat, read or achieve plus a few extra fun things along the way.

It should be a good year!



















No comments:

Post a Comment